Paneer capsicum is a simple dish to make which goes well with rotis, rice and especially wraps. This is the stuffing I use for paneer wrap; a hit with everyone in the family. This is one of those things which does not come back home if I give as lunch for kids. A homemade wrap with simple ingredients; a win-win situation with mom and kids…let’s get started.
Add seasoning with one red chilli, urad dal, mustard seeds, jeera and curry leaves.
Once seasoning is fried, add cut onion pieces. Fry onions for about 3-5 minutes.
Add capsicum and stir.
Add turmeric and salt. Put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and stir. Let this cook another 6-8 minutes.
Add panner and shahi panner masala ( I use MDH masala ) chilli powder. Stir. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: approximately 20- 22 minutes
Capsicum (bell pepper) – 1 big or medium
Onions – 1
Tomato – 1
Panner – 200 gms
Chilli powder – 1 to 2 tsp
Shahi Paneer masala – 1 to 2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Red chillies -1
Urad dal (split black gram dal) – 1 tsp
Rai (avalu, mustard seeds) – 1 tsp
Jeera (jeelakarra, cumin) – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- Wash and cut capsicum into pieces.
- Wash tomato and cut into pieces. Cut onion into pieces.
- Make small cubes out of the paneer block.
- Heat a pan with 1-2 tbsp. of oil. Once oil is heated add seasoning items.
- Once seasoning turns brown, add cut onions.
- Fry onions for about 3 to 5 minutes. When onions looks cooked add capsicum and stir.
- Add turmeric, salt and stir. Let this cook for another7 minutes.
- Add paneer, shahi paneer masala and chilli powder, stir and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes more and switch off the stove.